A cross between the grapefruit and its low-acid cousin, the pomelo, Oro Blancos are sweet and juicy, with none of the bitterness of an ordinary grapefruit. The thick, golden rind peels easily to reveal white fruit ideal for juicing, adding to salads or just eating out of hand. Our bare-root tree can be planted in a pot or in the garden, to produce fragrant flowers in spring and fruit throughout the winter.
- Indoors in all zones; outdoors in zones with light frost conditions.
- 3-year old bare-root tree, suitable for container or ground planting.
- Arrives 18"–24" high.
- Grows 4'–8' high, 3'–4' wide in a pot; 10'–12' high, 8' – 10' wide in the ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Produces white flowers with a sweet, citrusy fragrance in spring and large, light gold fruit in winter.
- Grown in USA.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to FL, TX, AZ.