Organic Italian Oregano
This staple of Italian cuisine is a must in your herb garden, useful fresh or dried for seasoning everything from salad dressings to pizza to spaghetti sauce to pickled olives. Milder in flavor than Greek oregano, Italian oregano (Origanum majoricum) is rich in antioxidants and has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for flu and cold symptoms. The easy-to-grow herb makes an especially attractive container plant.
- All growing zones; perennial in zones 8–10, annual elsewhere.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires full sun.
- Grows to 18" high, 12" wide.
- 14"-high plant ships in a 4" diam. nursery pot, wrapped in burlap and tied with a ribbon.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to HI.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Planting: Plant in full sun at a depth of 4"; space 20" apart.
- Watering: Provide regular water.
- Harvesting: Harvest leaves before plant blooms for most intense flavor.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.