Organic Italian Large Leaf Basil
Enjoy fresh-from-the-garden pesto all spring and summer with this cold-hardy variety of basil (Ocimum basilicum). Very easy to grow, the annual yields an plentiful harvest of extra-large, aromatic green leaves you can use fresh or dried to season vegetables, pizza, tomato sauces and salads. Basil is also known as a powerful antioxidant and has been used by herbalists to treat colds, curb indigestion and boost the immune system.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires full sun.
- Grows to 24" high, 12" wide.
- 16"-high plant ships in a 4" diam. nursery pot, wrapped in burlap and tied with a ribbon.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to HI.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Planting: Plant in full sun at a depth of 4"; space 18" apart.
- Watering: Provide regular water.
- Harvesting: Harvest frequently to keep the plant from flowering. Pinch off any flowers that develop. Leaves bruise easily, so handle them gently.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.