Organic English Thyme
English thyme (Thymus vulgaris) is a perennial evergreen shrub that produces small, gray-green, leaves for harvesting year-round. A key component of fines herbes in French cuisine, the aromatic herb can be used fresh or dried to add flavor to sauces, marinades, fish, meat and soups. Make use of thyme’s natural antiseptic properties in infusions and teas. In summer, the plant blooms with white to pale purple flowers that attract honeybees.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires full sun.
- Grows to 8" high, 12" wide.
- 7"-high plant ships in a 4" diam. nursery pot, wrapped in burlap and tied with a ribbon.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to HI.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Planting: Plant in full sun at a depth of 4"; space 12" apart.
- Watering: Provide regular water.
- Harvesting: Cut leaves as needed throughout the growing season.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.