Organic Berggarten Sage
Berggarten is an especially aromatic and flavorful variety of sage (Salvia officinalis) that particularly enhances pastas, roasted meat and poultry, stuffings and cream sauces. The leaves also can be steeped in hot water to produce a soothing tea, a natural remedy for sore throats. Snip the gray-green leaves as needed, and this perennial plant will keep producing all year. Spikes of purple flowers bloom in midsummer and will attract honeybees to your garden.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires full sun.
- Grows to 12" high, 6" wide.
- 10"-high plant ships in a 4" diam. nursery pot, wrapped in burlap and tied with a ribbon.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to HI and CA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Planting: Plant in full sun at a depth of 4"; space 4" apart.
- Watering: Provide regular water.
- Harvesting: Allow the plant to become established the first year before cutting leaves to use fresh or dried.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.