Opinel knives have been produced in Savoy, in the heart of the French Alps, since 1890. The company is famous for its legendary folding knives, which have graced the pockets of the world's great adventurers and been honored by museums for their design simplicity. Today, Opinel culinary knives are a reliable staple in French home kitchens. This essential set includes four small prep knives, each with a different-colored wood handle for easy identification.
- Paring knife (no. 112) for chopping, peeling, slicing and paring fruits and vegetables and trimming meat.
- Serrated knife (no. 113) excels for cutting tomatoes, kiwi, hard-boiled eggs, sausages and grilled meats.
- Bird's-beak vegetable knife (no. 114) has a downward curved blade ideal for cutting young vegetables, with a serrated back for scraping.
- Peeler (no. 115) is designed for peeling fruits and vegetables; both right and left hand use.
- Natural hornbeam wood handles are stained four different colors.
- Stamped with the Opinel crowned hand hallmark.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.