On Our Table Hole Slab Long Board
With its unique handle hole, this paddle-shaped board makes a stunning server for charcuterie meats, baguettes or cheeses. From a small woodworking studio in Canada, the board is hand made of solid walnut with a buttery smooth finish.
- Handcrafted from solid FSC-certified North American walnut.
- Hand polished with a natural mineral oil/beeswax mixture for a smooth finish.
- Features a large hole for easy handling and serving.
- Hand made by master woodworkers, each board is unique.
- 24" x 9".
- X lb.
- Made in Canada.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Once the board is completely dry, wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- Apply oil with a soft cloth in the direction of the grain, allowing oil to soak in. Remove all surface oil with a dry, clean cloth.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one-part vinegar to five-parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.