On Our Table Butcher Board
Revealing the rich beauty of natural walnut, this hefty board carves out a generous work area for your biggest prep tasks, from chopping large quantities of vegetables to slicing roast meats. Handcrafted by a small woodworking studio in Canada, the board features durable end-grain construction and a buttery-smooth finish.
- Handcrafted from FSC-certified North American walnut.
- End-grain butcher-block construction ensures strength and is gentle on knives.
- Hand polished with a mineral oil/beeswax mixture for a smooth finish.
- Hand made by master wood workers, each board is unique.
- Made in Canada.
- Dimensions & More Info
Butcher Board Small
- 15" x 15" x 1-1/2" thick.
- 6 lb 13 oz.
Butcher Board Medium
- 20" x 17 1/2" x 1" thick.
- 8.5 lb.
Butcher Board Large
- 22" x 22" x 1-1/2" thick.
- 22 lb.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- Apply oil with a soft cloth in the direction of the grain, allowing oil to soak in. Remove all surface oil with a dry, clean cloth.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one-part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.