Olive Tree in Terra-Cotta Pot
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Our potted tree is a 2-1/2 year old Arbequina olive, a hardy variety grown in the sunny orchards of California and Spain’s Catalonia region. Arbequina olives are highly aromatic and have a delicate buttery flavor with piquant notes. Before eating, the small brown raw olives should be cured in brine for best flavor. Use in pasta dishes, antipasti platters and breads.
- Zones 10–11.
- Easy-to-grow tree can produce fruit for centuries if properly pruned.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3' high in pot; 35' high, 15' wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruits from October to February.
- Yields approx. 30–100 lb. of olives at maturity (15 years).
- Requires a cross-pollinator nearby to bear fruit.
- Approx. 2 1/2 years old, 18 1/2" high at shipping; arrives in a 6" diam. terra-cotta pot.
- Grown in Salinas, CA.
- Use & Care
- Planting: Olive trees prefer a sunny location, but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Outside, they enjoy full sun. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. If grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window, to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Water daily through hot spells and every other day in the spring and fall if left in the original pot; as needed in the winter. Water to keep the soil moist, not wet.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy