Olive Tree in Terra-Cotta Pot
- Online Only
Our potted tree is a 2-1/2 year old Arbequina olive, a hardy variety grown in the sunny orchards of California and Spain’s Catalonia region. Arbequina olives are highly aromatic and have a delicate buttery flavor with piquant notes. Before eating, the small brown raw olives should be cured in brine for best flavor. Use in pasta dishes, antipasti platters and breads.
- Zones 10–11.
- Easy-to-grow tree can produce fruit for centuries if properly pruned.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3' high in pot; 35' high, 15' wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruits from October to February.
- Yields approx. 30–100 lb. of olives at maturity (15 years).
- Requires a cross-pollinator nearby to bear fruit.
- Approx. 2 1/2 years old, 18 1/2" high at shipping; arrives in a 6" diam. terra-cotta pot.
- Grown in Salinas, CA.
- Use & Care
- Planting: Olive trees prefer a sunny location, but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Outside, they enjoy full sun. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. If grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window, to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Water daily through hot spells and every other day in the spring and fall if left in the original pot; as needed in the winter. Water to keep the soil moist, not wet.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy