Fermentation Pot, Olive
Cure your own olives, make naturally ferment sauerkraut and pickle cucumbers from your garden or farmers’ market with this traditional ceramic pot. The process is as simple as placing your fresh ingredients in the crock with salt. Time and fermentation do the rest, aided by the pot's heavy lid, which rests in a water-filled collar to create an airtight seal.
- Handcrafted in Poland from dense, glazed stoneware for excellent temperature stability, which significantly improves the flavor of the finished food.
- Just add vegetables and salt or brine, top with weights (not included) and cover with lid to start the fermentation process.
- As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment inside.
- Ideal for curing olives, making kimchi and pickled cucumbers, and for fermenting sauerkraut.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8 3/4" x 10 1/4" x 10" high with lid
- 1.3-gal. cap.
- Made in Poland.
- Use & Care
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.