Nordic Ware® Apple Cake Pan
Bake an orchard-fresh dessert with our whimsical pan, which turns out two apple halves, complete with a leafy stem. Try it with applesauce cake, spice cake or our new and exclusive Apple Cider Quickbread Mix, and fill the center with preserves or cinnamon-cream cheese frosting. Easy to finish with a dusting of confectioners' sugar or a light glaze, it's also fun to decorate with buttercream in Red Delicious or Granny Smith colors.
- Durable cast-aluminum pan distributes heat quickly and evenly to promote even rising, uniform baking and a golden crust.
- Premium nonstick finish ensures easy release and quick cleanup.
- Recipe included.
- Made in the USA by Nordic Ware, a family-owned company famous for its fine bakeware since 1946.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 3/4"L x 6 3/4"W x 3”H; 5-cup cap.
- 1 lb. 2 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Before each use, wash pan with hot, soapy water.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- Use only wood, silicone, plastic or other nonmetallic utensils to avoid scratching the surface.
- For best results, brush pan with an unsalted solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour. You can also use vegetable oil or a nonstick baking spray. If using a spray, check to make sure that it does not contain lecithin, which can cause a gummy residue. Turn pan upside down and tap to remove excess flour. These steps will help ensure easy release and excellent pattern definition.
- When the wells are filled, tap the pan gently on a flat surface to release any air bubbles. This helps ensure, beautifully defined detail.
- After baking, transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool upright in the pan for 10 minutes. Tap the pan gently on a work surface to loosen the cake. Invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the cake pan. Let the cake cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Once cooled, return both halves of the cake to the pan. Level the cake by using a serrated knife to gently saw off any portion of the cake that rose above the edge of the pan.
- Remove the top half of the apple cake from the pan. Spread a thin layer of frosting over the cut side of the cake half that is still in the pan. Place the top half, cut side down, on top, lining up the edges. Gently press down to secure the two halves.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake until the frosting is firm, about 1 hour.
- Hand-wash. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners such as metal scouring pads, as they can damage the surface.
- A soft sponge or kitchen brush will remove baked-on food particles. You may need to scrub lightly.