Nordic Ware® Apple Cake Pan
Bake an orchard-fresh dessert with our whimsical pan, which turns out two apple halves, complete with a leafy stem. Try it with applesauce cake, spice cake or our new and exclusive Apple Cider Quickbread Mix, and fill the center with preserves or cinnamon-cream cheese frosting. Easy to finish with a dusting of confectioners' sugar or a light glaze, it's also fun to decorate with buttercream in Red Delicious or Granny Smith colors.
- Durable cast-aluminum pan distributes heat quickly and evenly to promote even rising, uniform baking and a golden crust.
- Premium nonstick finish ensures easy release and quick cleanup.
- Recipe included.
- Made in the USA by Nordic Ware, a family-owned company famous for its fine bakeware since 1946.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 3/4"L x 6 3/4"W x 3”H; 5-cup cap.
- 1 lb. 2 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Before each use, wash pan with hot, soapy water.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- Use only wood, silicone, plastic or other nonmetallic utensils to avoid scratching the surface.
- For best results, brush pan with an unsalted solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour. You can also use vegetable oil or a nonstick baking spray. If using a spray, check to make sure that it does not contain lecithin, which can cause a gummy residue. Turn pan upside down and tap to remove excess flour. These steps will help ensure easy release and excellent pattern definition.
- When the wells are filled, tap the pan gently on a flat surface to release any air bubbles. This helps ensure, beautifully defined detail.
- After baking, transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool upright in the pan for 10 minutes. Tap the pan gently on a work surface to loosen the cake. Invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the cake pan. Let the cake cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Once cooled, return both halves of the cake to the pan. Level the cake by using a serrated knife to gently saw off any portion of the cake that rose above the edge of the pan.
- Remove the top half of the apple cake from the pan. Spread a thin layer of frosting over the cut side of the cake half that is still in the pan. Place the top half, cut side down, on top, lining up the edges. Gently press down to secure the two halves.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake until the frosting is firm, about 1 hour.
- Hand-wash. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners such as metal scouring pads, as they can damage the surface.
- A soft sponge or kitchen brush will remove baked-on food particles. You may need to scrub lightly.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.