Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker
- Special Offer
Meet the Pixie: an eye-catching single-cup machine that combines a super-compact silhouette with superb espresso-making abilities. The smallest Nespresso machine ever, this stylish little dynamo adds impact to your kitchenscape with its sleek, urban design and bold color. Easy to use, it’s the ideal size for small kitchens, apartments and offices.
- Stylish, ultracompact espresso machine brews one perfect cup at a time.
- Brewing is fully automatic – simply pop in a coffee capsule and select your cup size.
- Works exclusively with Nespresso’s premium coffee capsules (16 are included) for locked-in freshness and convenience with no mess.
- Heats up in 25 to 30 seconds – faster than most single-cup models on the market.
- Two top buttons allow you to select a shot size, a 1-oz pour or a 2- to 3-oz pour.
- Machine can be programmed to brew a specific duration based on your preference.
- A 19-bar pressure pump ensures maximum extraction of flavor.
- Innovative Thermoblock technology guarantees precise temperature control.
- Spent capsules are neatly ejected into an internal receptacle that holds up to 10 used capsules.
- Removable water tank is easy to fill.
- Drip tray flips up to accommodate larger cup sizes – handy when you’re making a latte or cappuccino.
- Easy-to-read backlit buttons.
- Auto shut-off after 9 minutes.
- Nespresso is now partnering with DeLonghi, Breville and KitchenAid to distribute Nespresso's premium coffee and espresso makers. These are the same stylish, innovative machines you know and love, designed and engineered by Nespresso.
- Dimensions & More Info
- ABS plastic construction.
- 12 3/4" x 4 3/4" x 9 3/4" high.
- Removable 24 fl.-oz. cap. water tank.
- 6 lb. 10 oz.
- 1260 watts.
- Made in Switzerland.
- Use & Care
- For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only.
- Coffee capsules are easy to order for delivery within two business days; for details, visit www.nespresso.com.
- Hand-wash water tank, capsule container and drip tray.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
- Avoid harsh detergents and abrasive cleansers.
- Use Nespresso de-scaling cleanser every 6–8 months to remove buildup. Do not use vinegar.
Next Day Delivery
- Coconut Rice Pudding
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the milk, coconut milk, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the rice, salt and cardamom pod. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent the rice from scorching. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the pudding is thick and creamy and the rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
In a bowl, vigorously whisk together the eggs and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until the mixture falls in a thick, wide ribbon when the whisk is lifted. Add the hot rice, a few tablespoons at a time, to the eggs while stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Transfer the pudding to a single large serving bowl or individual bowls. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until completely cold.
Meanwhile, preheat an oven to 350°F. Spread the coconut evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Serve the pudding topped with dollops of whipped cream and sprinkled with the toasted coconut. Serves 4 to 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Family Meals, by Maria Helm Sinskey (Oxmoor House, 2008).
You May Also Need
Nifty Nespresso Capsule Drawer
Nifty Nespresso Capsule Carousel
Rated 5 out of 5 by ErwinBunny from BUY THIS. You will not regret it. This thing is awesome - I was a little hesitant to spend this much on a coffee maker, but I'm a serious coffee drinker & this thing is the real deal. I live above a Starbucks & would spend $4-5/day several times a week on their cappuccinos, frappuccinos, etc., & I am happy to report that I haven't purchased a SINGLE Starbucks coffee since I got my Nespresso Pixie (over 6 months ago!) ...that's how happy I am with this product. I had been through 2 different Keurig machines over the course of a few years before buying my Nespresso Pixie, & I'm never going back to the k-cups. I'll pour espresso shots every now & then (mostly when we have company b/c they always love to try it!), but I mainly use the Pixie to make my morning cappuccinos or lattes -- you can do it all w/ this thing. I purchased the combo package w/ the Aeroccino milk frother, & it is one of the coolest kitchen appliances you will ever own. So anyway, spend the money & spring for the Nespresso. You'll be so happy you did.Date published: 2016-09-20Rated 4 out of 5 by gpsmom from You get what you pay for This machine packs a punch. It's very small (but then so is your espresso, right?) and can hold its own against any of the larger models. It is NOISY. And I do mean, noisy. However, it is so fast that before you get annoyed it's done. And one sip of that espresso and it's all forgiven. Seriously, it's crazy that such a tiny little machine, taking up so little counter space, can make such an awesome espresso. My sister has the larger model, and it's also noisy, and the coffee isn't any better than the one I make on my "half your size" Pixie. I have recommended (and my friends have purchased) this model. We all agree, you get what you pay for. It's the best! I would have given it five stars but I'm saving my last star for the "updated" model that turns down the noise, LOLDate published: 2015-03-04Rated 5 out of 5 by AnnieH from THE machine to buy! I had a terrible time deciding between the Pixie and Citiz machines, so my 2 c behind Pixie purchase: The footprint of the Citiz is much deeper than the Pixie and the height, esp with the lid open, is quite tall for under our cabinets. While the water tank is a little smaller on the Pixie than the Citiz, I found it to be much easier to remove and fill. I am able to remove/replace the tank without moving the machine from the wall. It heats up very quickly and two cycles of the lungo button fills up our mugs...an Americano! This site doesn't mention it, but there is a low water indicator -- the lighting around the capsule receptacle turns from blue to red. Cannot tell you how pleased we are with the Pixie; it is used several times a day by several family members. I urge you to pick the Pixie! Buy it before the end of January 2015 to receive the $100 reward toward Nespresso capsules. Submit the required information online and the reward will be applied within hours. Enjoy!Date published: 2015-01-17Rated 5 out of 5 by GrammieHawaii from Small on counter Big on taste This Pixie is just that- very small on the counter, easy to use, great coffee. I heat milk in the microwave and use Nespresso Arpeggio. I never need to make another cup in the morning to get me going and I drink every last drop. Very efficient- ordering the pods is worth not having to deal with grounds everywhere! It is a little hard to clean as the residual pod liquid moves to the bottom of the holding container so can be messy if all 10-11 empty pods are stored.Date published: 2014-12-27Rated 5 out of 5 by doughboy2 from I Love This Machine! What a perfect yet powerful machine. It makes great espresso! I have found that not only can you use Nespresso capsules but also off brands like Gourmesso which are about 30% cheaper. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a sleek machine that looks good on their countertop and loves a great tasting espresso.Date published: 2014-08-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Linwood36 from This is my second one! We were given one for our Wedding and loved it. Loved it so much I purchased one for my desk @ work. Great favors, easy to clean and equal to coffee shops!Date published: 2014-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Sevimex from Big Things come in Small Packages! Beautiful color, perfect size, and exquisite coffee, what more can one want?Date published: 2014-08-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Maralyn from Love this Pixie Quick to heat up, easy to use, small footprint. My third Nespresso machine.Date published: 2014-07-15