Morning Buns, Set of 12
- Online Only
Mornings in Paris find early risers at neighborhood patisseries, where specialties include freshly baked delights like mouthwatering morning buns. Jean-Yves Charon uses his skills as a French pastry chef to create our tempting buns, which are prepared from scratch using his signature recipe, a buttery croissant dough and a brown-sugar filling enhanced with cinnamon and orange zest. Simply let the frozen pastries overnight, then bake in the morning and enjoy the golden-brown, flaky treats warm from the oven.
- 12 buns; 2 lb. 11 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The morning buns ship frozen with dry ice. Please take care not to touch the dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove morning buns from shipping container and place in the freezer, where they will keep for up to one month.
- Discard the plastic shrink-wrap and the lid, but keep the morning buns in the aluminum tin. Place the tin of frozen buns on a baking sheet and let rise at room temperature for about 9 hours or overnight.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350°F. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake the buns until the tops are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the sheet 180 degrees halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning. Let the buns cool for 1 minute, then turn the tin over onto the baking sheet and remove the buns.
- In a bowl, stir together 1⁄2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Add the buns one at a time and toss to coat evenly with the sugar mixture. Serve warm. Makes 12 buns.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, water, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, dough conditioner blend (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner], enzymes).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by MNClaire from Disappointing for coffee klatch I followed directions to the letter for "morning buns", but I was embarrased as we were eating the buns. Very heavy and gummy texture. The next batch of buns I raised longer and baked them longer, Not much better. I would not recommend them, a waste of money. However, I highly recommend your croissants, they are fabulous.Date published: 2017-01-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Lannkat from Wonderful Breakfast I gave these as a gift. Both of my sisters served them as part of their Christmas morning breakfast! Compliments all around!Date published: 2017-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by betcha from yummy rolls These are always a hit in my family. They are delicious!Date published: 2016-07-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Susan52Bellevue from Perfect way to begin the day! These morning buns are delicious - light and flaky, with just the right amount of caramel-y goodness. Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and you're good to go!Date published: 2016-06-06Rated 2 out of 5 by Michlynn from Not worth the price I ordered these buns for Easter and they were not delivered on time so I saved them for Mothers Day. I set them out overnight and one tray rose way too much and the other didn't rise at all. I cooked them anyways and they were doughy and Heavy. Certainly not worth the moneyDate published: 2016-05-12Rated 5 out of 5 by sherann from Don't have to leave the house for fresh bakery The only criticism is a hair to much orange zest flavor. Easy to prepare and flakyDate published: 2016-04-04Rated 5 out of 5 by sharona108 from These are so delicious! I've been wanting to try WS famous croisssants for a while and when these popped up in my e-mail as a flash sale, I couldn't resist. They arrived in a very timely manner, frozen, in 3 trays of 4 rolls, each. They immediately went in the freezer until a couple of days later, we wanted to try them. Now , without reading the instructions first, we thought we could pop them right in the oven, but they do need to thaw and rise for approx. 8 hrs,but they were ready to bake after dinner, so we had them for dessert! They rise very big and when baked off, they are crispy like a croissant and cinnamon-y gooey like a cinnamon roll. Yummy! Have with coffee or your favorite tea and you'll think you're in a french patisserie!Date published: 2016-04-03Rated 5 out of 5 by tsan from Amazing morning buns These morning buns are great, especially when they are still warm. I take them out of the freezer before I go to bed and let them sit on the stove overnight to thaw and rise. Then pop them in the oven, roll them in cinnamon sugar and put them on the table for breakfast. Nice combination of cinnamon, sugar and a hint of orange in the filling. Super good.Date published: 2016-04-02