Monogrammed Steak Brand & Carving Board
Backyard chefs who take pride in their grilling can sear their own initials into steaks and chops with an iron brand that’s hand forged by a Texas cattle rancher. Made in the USA, our custom set lets you put a signature on every grilled meal.
- Set includes a customized brand and a personalized John McLeod carving board.
- Hand-forged iron brand is an authentic miniature version of the cattle brands used for centuries to identify livestock and designate ranch families.
- Made of sustainably harvested New England birch, the board has a well to catch meat juices.
- Includes a wall-mounting storage rack for the brand.
- Choose single, double or triple initials. All letters will be of equal height and weight.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Brand: 11 1/2" long; 1 1/4"-high letters.
- Carving board: 16" x 11".
- Storage rack: 3 1/2" x 14" high.
- Made in USA.
- Due to the nature of the materials used, additional time is required to create this personalized item. You should allow four to five weeks for delivery of your steak brand and carving board.
- Use & Care
- The brand’s protective coating of paint will burn off during the first heating.
- Place the brand on hot coals, a gas range or an electric burner. Just before serving your food, hold the heated brand with a protective pad and brand the meat with a gentle top-to-bottom and side-to-side motion.
- Before storing the brand for an extended time, spread a few drops of cooking oil over the metal to provide a protective coating. The oil will burn off completely on the next use.
- Season board with a food-grade mineral oil before first use. Warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Let the board dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- If the brand becomes rusted or dirty, clean it gently with steel wool or a wire brush, or rub it lightly with sandpaper.
- Dry thoroughly after cleaning to prevent rusting.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or le salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to five weeks for delivery.