The mortar and pestle carved from volcanic rock is among the world's oldest kitchen tools. Our molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock, making each piece unique.
- Ideal for crushing whole spices.
- Great for serving guacamole.
- Line with lettuce leaves to use as a serving bowl.
- Hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock.
- Rough interior texture of bowl helps grind ingredients.
- Heavy pestle does work for you.
- No two are exactly alike.