- Free Shipping
The mortar and pestle carved from volcanic rock is among the world's oldest kitchen tools. Our molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock, making each piece unique.
- Ideal for crushing whole spices.
- Great for serving guacamole.
- Line with lettuce leaves to use as a serving bowl.
- Hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock.
- Rough interior texture of bowl helps grind ingredients.
- Heavy pestle does work for you.
- No two are exactly alike.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 8" diam., 4 1/4" high.
- Pestle: 3 1/2" long.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Season the mortar before first use: grind raw rice inside the bowl until the rice turns gray; empty and repeat until the rice no longer turns gray; rinse with water and scrub with a brush.
- Always place the molcajete on top of a cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your table or countertop.
- Avoid drastic changes in temperature.
- Hand-wash with running water, dish soap and a brush. Dry thoroughly.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.