- Free Shipping
The mortar and pestle carved from volcanic rock is among the world's oldest kitchen tools. Our molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock, making each piece unique.
- Ideal for crushing whole spices.
- Great for serving guacamole.
- Line with lettuce leaves to use as a serving bowl.
- Hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock.
- Rough interior texture of bowl helps grind ingredients.
- Heavy pestle does work for you.
- No two are exactly alike.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 8" diam., 4 1/4" high.
- Pestle: 3 1/2" long.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Season the mortar before first use: grind raw rice inside the bowl until the rice turns gray; empty and repeat until the rice no longer turns gray; rinse with water and scrub with a brush.
- Always place the molcajete on top of a cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your table or countertop.
- Avoid drastic changes in temperature.
- Hand-wash with running water, dish soap and a brush. Dry thoroughly.
Next Day Delivery