Nordic Ware Mini Tiered Cakelet Pan
Elaborate tiered cakes were an innovation of the famous 19th-century pastry chef Antonin Carême, who considered confectionery a branch of architecture. Our clever baking pan makes it easy to create intricately sculpted cakelets with elegant tiered silhouettes.
- Makes six cakelets, three each of two detailed designs.
- Embellished with a simple glaze, colored icings or confectioners’ sugar, the cakelets are a memorable addition to any celebration.
- Durable cast-aluminum construction ensures sharp detail and uniform baking.
- Premium nonstick finish guarantees easy release and cleanup.
- Made in the USA by Nordic Ware, a family-owned company famous for its fine bakeware since 1946.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 13 3/4" x 8 3/4" x 3 1/4" high; 3 1/2" diam., 3"-high wells.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Before each use, wash pan with hot, soapy water.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- Use only wood, silicone, plastic or other nonmetallic utensils to avoid scratching the surface.
- For best results, brush pan with an unsalted solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour. You can also use vegetable oil or a nonstick baking spray. If using a spray, check to make sure that it does not contain lecithin, which can cause a gummy residue. Turn pan upside down and tap to remove excess flour. These steps will help ensure easy release and excellent pattern definition.
- After baking, cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Tap pan firmly a few times, then invert, lift pan away and let the cake continue to cool on rack.
- To prevent overflow, do not fill more than 3/4 full.
- Hand-wash. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners such as metal scouring pads, as they can damage the surface.
- A soft sponge or kitchen brush will remove baked-on food particles. You may need to scrub lightly.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by NinnyVB from little wedding cakes I noticed someone else recommended cakes made with this pan for a little girls' activity, but I do it for a bridal shower activity. Have different colors of royal icing in disposable decorating bags, decorating pearls in different colors, premade royal icing roses, whatever! Cake supply stores carry little boxes just the right size to take home in.Date published: 2012-11-15Rated 5 out of 5 by Bakeapalooza from Amazing & Easy This pan is wonderful! Use spray oil + flour, and the cakes will come out fine. As for cleanup, I pour near boiling water into the wells and watch the remnants float to the top for easy disposal. As for decorating, so fun. It pretty much uses an entire box of cake mix (for those of us who don't have time to make some from scratch). They look amazing, and I love bringing them to parties and serving them to friends.Date published: 2012-02-11