World-renowned French chef Michel Bras believes cooking, like any art, requires the finest tools. Created in Japan in collaboration with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, this tool is a combination kitchen knife and cleaver that excels for chopping meats and preparing poultry as well as cutting large vegetables.
- One-third of the blade nearest the handle is the widest, while the remaining two-thirds is honed to the edge of a kitchen knife.
- Hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blade is composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blade is coated in titanium to enhance its antioxidation properties.
- Etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre, the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, the handle is inscribed with the knife item number (#10), signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood handle is designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Comes in a maple sheath with a magnetized interior that holds the blade snugly in place for safe drawer storage.