Michel Bras Meat Cleaver
- Special Offer
World-renowned French chef Michel Bras believes cooking, like any art, requires the finest tools. Created in Japan in collaboration with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, this tool is a combination kitchen knife and cleaver that excels for chopping meats and preparing poultry as well as cutting large vegetables.
- One-third of the blade nearest the handle is the widest, while the remaining two-thirds is honed to the edge of a kitchen knife.
- Hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blade is composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blade is coated in titanium to enhance its antioxidation properties.
- Etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre, the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, the handle is inscribed with the knife item number (#10), signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood handle is designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Comes in a maple sheath with a magnetized interior that holds the blade snugly in place for safe drawer storage.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 3/4"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 1 1/4 lb.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information