Michel Bras Diamond Knife Sharpener
- Special Offer
World-renowned French chef Michel Bras believes cooking, like any art, requires the finest tools. Created in Japan in collaboration with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, this high-performance honing steel is specifically designed to keep your Michel Bras knives in top condition.
- Hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Steel honing rod is encrusted with diamond bits, the ultimate material for restoring a keen edge to fine high-carbon-steel knives.
- Etched with Bras’s signature emblem of cistre, the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- Black PakkaWood handle is designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in your hand.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11 3/4" rod; 4 3/4" handle.
- 7.25 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 15-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Remove metal filings from the steel with a damp cloth.