Renowned French chef Michel Bras collaborated with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, to bring together the best traditions of French and Japanese cutlery. Made in Japan, these knives feature razor-sharp stainless-steel blades tightly joined to comfortable PakkaWood handles.
- All knives are hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blades is composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blades are coated in titanium to enhance their antioxidation properties.
- Each blade is etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre, the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, each handle is inscribed with the knife item number (1–7), signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood handles are designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Storage block sold separately.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 3" sheep's-foot paring knife (#1).
- 4" steak knife (#7).
- 6" utility knife (#2).
- 6 1/4", 8 3/4" and 10 1/2" santokus (#4, #5 and #6).
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife (#3).