Maxwell Counter Stool
Inspired by a cosmopolitan bistro chair, Maxwell has the versatility to serve as a living-room accent or comfortable dining-table seating. The optional handle, positioned at the crest of the back, adds a witty touch.
- Handcrafted in the USA by master furniture builders.
- Frame crafted of kiln-dried domestic, sustainably harvested hardwood.
- Reinforced with double-dowels and corner blocks.
- Sinuous steel seat and back sprung by hand.
- Plush premium padding.
- Kiln-dried solid maple legs stained ebony.
- Polished-nickel nailheads and optional polished nickel handle.
- Part of the Williams-Sonoma Green Collection.
- Available in many of our custom fabrics.
- Made in USA.
- 6-8 week in-home delivery with White Glove service.
- This item is made to order.
This item is part of our Green Collection. Our Green Collection creates truly great design with an eco-friendly point of view. These Green products are distinguished by any one of the following characteristics: Organic, Re-cycled, Re-claimed, Sustainable.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Overall: 21"W x 27"D x 41"H.
- Seat Height: 25"H.
- Seat Depth: 19"D.
- Seat Width: 20"W.
- Seat Back Height: 15"H.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
Create your own custom-upholstered furniture using the fabric of your choice. For more details, please call 1.888.922.4108.
Furniture upholstered in mohair will not have welting (piping) or topstitching.
- Brush or vacuum regularly (use a nonmetallic stiff-bristle brush).
- Protect from direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened with distilled water (not tap water). Test fabric cleaners first in an inconspicuous area. Do not saturate fabric with cleaner. Pat instead of rub to avoid altering texture. Clean stain from outer edge to prevent “circling.”
- Thorough cleaning is recommended every 12 to 24 months. Do not wait for severe soiling. We recommend a professional in-home upholstery cleaning service.
- Do not remove cushion casings for cleaning. Unlike slipcovers, upholstered casings are not meant to be removed.
- Never use detergents, polishes, preservers or saddle soap. They can remove natural oils.
- Dust or vacuum for routine maintenance.
- Do not place in direct sunlight; it will lighten or discolor leather over time.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened in distilled water (not tap water). If spill penetrates leather, use lukewarm distilled water and a soft white cloth to massage stain and surrounding area. Blot with a dry cloth and allow leather to air dry.
- Most surface scratches will fade over time if you rub them with your fingertips. Friction and heat from rubbing helps to redistribute wax in surrounding areas to cover the scratch. Not all scratches have the same depth, and this may not work on deeper scratches.
Composition & Construction
- Our leather upholstered products are constructed from aniline leather. Only the top 5% of hides can be made into aniline leather, making it the finest available. The full-grain or top-grain leathers are soaked in transparent nontoxic dye, with no subsequent pigmented finish coats applied. Dye penetrates the hides, letting the natural grain show through. Our ivory leather, white pebbled leather and white faux ostrich are exceptions to this process; they are semi-aniline dyed, with a layer of pigment applied afterwards.
- Anilines have natural markings that vary from hide to hide. They also have color variations due to the leather’s ability to accept dyes differently in various areas of a hide. Markings and shading distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Appreciating shade differences among hides also means appreciating them on individual furniture pieces, because no two pieces can be produced from a single hide.
- Our leathers appeal to customers who find the natural color variations, markings and patina of pure aniline leathers unique and beautiful. They may not appeal to customers who want uniform color and surface commonly seen on less expensive leathers that are heavily corrected and pigmented.
The charge for all shipping is included in the flat-rate delivery fee listed below the item's price.
- Request Swatches
Click here to request a swatch. There is no fee or shipping charge for swatch requests. You can expect to receive your swatches within seven to ten business days.