Mauviel Hammered Copper Rondeau
A revered piece in the French batterie de cuisine, the versatile rondeau is a mainstay in restaurant kitchens. Made in France, Mauviel's hammered-copper rondeau, which made its Williams-Sonoma debut in the 1960s, is the ideal vessel for everything from sautéing vegetables to preparing hearty braises and stews.
- Heavy-gauge 3mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Wide, shallow design ensures efficient searing and browning.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Handsome enough for stove-to-table presentation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11" diam, 4" high.
- 7-qt. cap.
- 11 lb. 5 oz.
- Made from 3mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery