Mauviel Hammered Copper Jam Pan
Prized in French kitchens, this classic copper pan helps transform fruits into delicious jams, jellies and preserves. Made of heat-responsive copper in a wide, shallow design, it's also useful for making caramel and other high-sugar foods. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- The wide, shallow bowl and heat-conductive 1.2mm-gauge copper promote a rapid boil, which develops fruits' natural pectins.
- Unlined interior is safe for use with foods with a high sugar content.
- Riveted brass handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" diam., 5" high.
- 11 1/2-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 11 oz.
- Made from 1.2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Because the copper pot is unlined and highly reactive to ingredients, it should be used only for cooking foods with a high sugar content – never for general cooking.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.