Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Mauviel Hammered Copper Jam Pan
Prized in French kitchens, this classic copper pan helps transform fruits into delicious jams, jellies and preserves. Made of heat-responsive copper in a wide, shallow design, it's also useful for making caramel and other high-sugar foods. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- The wide, shallow bowl and heat-conductive 1.2mm-gauge copper promote a rapid boil, which develops fruits' natural pectins.
- Unlined interior is safe for use with foods with a high sugar content.
- Riveted brass handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" diam., 5" high.
- 11 1/2-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 11 oz.
- Made from 1.2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Because the copper pot is unlined and highly reactive to ingredients, it should be used only for cooking foods with a high sugar content – never for general cooking.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.