Mauviel Copper Zabaglione Pot
Zabaglione is one of Italy's classic desserts. Create the warm custard of beaten egg yolks, sugar and Marsala wine using this zabaglione pot made of unlined copper, which helps stabilize the custard's foamy consistency and provides superb temperature control.
- Unlined 1.2mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control; copper also helps to stabilize the custard.
- Round bottom facilitates whisking for a light, fluffy consistency.
- Riveted cast bronze handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" diam., 5 3/4" high.
- 3 1/2-qt. cap.
- 2 lb. 12oz.
- Made from 1.2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Because the copper pot is unlined and highly reactive to ingredients, it should be used only for preparing zabaglione or beating egg whites – never for general cooking.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.