Mauviel Copper Tarte Tatin Pan
In the late 1800s, the Tatin sisters, who ran an inn in France's Loire Valley, created an upside-down apple tart that still bears their name: tarte Tatin. This rich and rustic dessert turns out beautifully, with perfectly caramelized sugar and a glistening amber finish, when prepared in our classic French copper pan. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper exterior conducts heat superbly with precise temperature control to help sugar caramelize properly.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Also recommended for baking cobblers, quiches and frittatas.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" diam., 2" high.
- 2 lb. 10 oz.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.