Mauviel Copper Tarte Tatin Pan
In the late 1800s, the Tatin sisters, who ran an inn in France's Loire Valley, created an upside-down apple tart that still bears their name: tarte Tatin. This rich and rustic dessert turns out beautifully, with perfectly caramelized sugar and a glistening amber finish, when prepared in our classic French copper pan. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper exterior conducts heat superbly with precise temperature control to help sugar caramelize properly.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Also recommended for baking cobblers, quiches and frittatas.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" diam., 2" high.
- 2 lb. 10 oz.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping