Mauviel Copper Sugar Pot
Pastry chefs and confectioners rely on this traditional copper pot to heat sugar or sugar syrups for making candies and desserts. Made in France, the pan can be used for preparing everything from pralines, caramels and hard candies to Italian meringue and buttercream frostings.
- Unlined 2mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Flat base and straight sides encourage sugar to melt swiftly and smoothly.
- Riveted tubular copper handle.
- Narrow spout simplifies pouring.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2" diam., 3 1/2" high.
- 2-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. 6 oz.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Because the copper pot is unlined and highly reactive to ingredients, it should be used only for cooking with sugar – never for general cooking.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.