Mauviel Copper Stock Pot
Mauviel cookware is made in France of copper, a material prized for its ability to transfer heat quickly, distribute it evenly and cool rapidly. Polished to a gleaming finish, this pot measures as high as it does wide to increase the absorption of flavors into the liquid when making stocks and soups.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Tin-lined interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- The tall shape of this pot helps reduce evaporation and seals in the flavor of stocks, soups and sauces during cooking.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" stockpot: 11 3/4-qt. cap.
- 11" stockpot: 18-qt. cap.
- 12 3/4" stockpot: 26 1/2-qt. cap.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping
Rated 5 out of 5 by kchilds from gorgeous pot!!! This pot is as hard working as it is beautiful!! It is just as pretty with a patina as it is polished. I keep it on the stove at all times just because it is so great looking! I love to cook gumbo in it! Thanks for a wonderful product!Date published: 2014-01-11Rated 5 out of 5 by PlanoCook from Beautiful! This gleaming hammered Copper Stockpot is too lovely not to keep on the stove top even when not in use. It produces superb sock and soups. Easy to care for and rarely needing polishing.Date published: 2012-02-12