Mauviel Copper Splayed Saucepan
This classic piece (sometimes called a Windsor pan) is especially well suited to sauce making: as the narrow base quickly heats liquids, the wide top speeds their evaporation. Crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Riveted bronze handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" diam., 3 1/4" high.
- 3-qt. cap.
- 4 lb. 6 oz. with lid.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.