Mauviel Copper Splayed Saucepan
This classic piece (sometimes called a Windsor pan) is especially well suited to sauce making: as the narrow base quickly heats liquids, the wide top speeds their evaporation. Crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Riveted bronze handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" diam., 3 1/4" high.
- 3-qt. cap.
- 4 lb. 6 oz. with lid.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.