Mauviel Copper Potato Steamer
More than simply beautiful, this copper conical vessel functions as an efficient steamer for potatoes (or other vegetables) as well as a striking serving piece. The design is ingenious: water boils quickly in the narrow rounded base; the domed lid collects condensation, then redirects it down the sloping pan sides so food never gets soggy.
- Made in France of thick 1.5mm-gauge copper that conducts heat exceptionally well.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Perforated insert plate keeps food above boiling water, in the steam.
- Copper lid with bronze knob.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- 8" diam., 9" high.
- 3/4-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. with lid.
- Made from 1.5mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.