Mauviel Copper Potato Steamer
More than simply beautiful, this copper conical vessel functions as an efficient steamer for potatoes (or other vegetables) as well as a striking serving piece. The design is ingenious: water boils quickly in the narrow rounded base; the domed lid collects condensation, then redirects it down the sloping pan sides so food never gets soggy.
- Made in France of thick 1.5mm-gauge copper that conducts heat exceptionally well.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Perforated insert plate keeps food above boiling water, in the steam.
- Copper lid with bronze knob.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" diam., 9" high.
- 3/4-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. with lid.
- Made from 1.5mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.