Mauviel Copper Pommes Anna Pan
The buttery golden potato cake known as pommes Anna originated in 19th-century Paris when Adolphe Dugléré, chef of the Café Anglais, created it for his favorite customer – the celebrated courtesan Anna Deslions. You can easily prepare the classic dish in your own kitchen using this authentic two-piece copper pan crafted in France.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper maintains high heat for the pommes Anna signature golden crust.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Design simplifies compacting and unmolding the potatoes.
- Distinctive riveted bronze handles on base and lid.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 3/4" diam., 2 3/4" high overall.
- 7 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored with use. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the liner's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping
Rated 5 out of 5 by SOUVIDE from An elegant solution for an elegant dish Mauviel Copper Pommes Anna Pan Recipe Pommes Anna is both a spectacular and very tasty dish, but although the recipe itself is the utmost in simplicity, the technique is all-important. By comparison with other products, such as non-stick frying pans, which require using a lid and a great deal of dexterity to flip the cake without getting the butter all over the floor, the shallow top pan nests over the bottom pan, and everything stays in one place when you flip it. And the 2mm solid copper pan conducts heat wonderfully and results in a very nice crust. The only drawback to this product that I can see is the copper exterior, which requires hand washing and occasional polishing to keep it looking like new.Date published: 2012-09-24