Mauviel 1830 Copper Pasta Pentola with Lid & Insert
Crafted in France since 1830, Mauviel’s culinary legacy spans more than 175 years, making their trademark cookware a favorite in leading restaurants and home kitchens worldwide. Mauviel cookware is made of copper, a material prized for its unsurpassed ability to transfer heat quickly, distribute it evenly and cool rapidly. Polished to a gleaming finish, this stockpot comes with an insert for cooking any type of pasta, and steaming or blanching vegetables.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Tin-lined interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Stainless steel pasta insert allows water to drain away quickly.
- The pan used alone also doubles as a stockpot.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8 3/4" diam. x 7 1/4" high.
- 8 1/2" high with insert.
- 7.25-qt. cap.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery