Mauviel Copper 8-Piece Cookware Set
Crafted by Mauviel 1830, a French company renowned for fine copperware, these pans make the most of copper's unsurpassed ability to transfer and distribute heat quickly and evenly. The set offers the most versatile, frequently used pieces for the home kitchen.
- 1.5mm copper construction provides excellent heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Four covered pans allow for a range of cooking techniques, from frying and sautéing to simmering and braising.
- Stainless-steel interiors are nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Rolled rims facilitate dripless pouring.
- Domed lids circulate heat and lock in moisture
- Comfortably angled bronze handles.
8-pc. set includes:
- 1 3/4-qt. splayed sauté pan with lid.
- 2-qt. saucepan with lid.
- 3 1/4-qt. sauté pan with lid.
- 5 1/2-qt. stew pan with lid.
*Please note: lids are counted as individual pieces.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1 3/4-Qt. Splayed Sauté Pan: 8" diam., 3" high; 1-qt. 22-oz. cap.; 3 lb. with lid.
- 2-Qt. Saucepan: 6 1/4" diam., 6 3/4" high; 1-qt., 28-oz. cap.; 3 lb. with lid.
- 3 1/4-Qt. Sauté Pan: 9 1/2" diam., 2 3/4" high; 3-qt. 12-oz. cap.; 4 lb. 11 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2-Qt. Stew Pan: 9 3/4" diam., 7" high; 5-qt. 19-oz. cap.; 5 lb. 13 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jon39 from looks and performance All that you expect from quality....performance and dazzling appearance that always impresses !Date published: 2016-05-17Rated 4 out of 5 by upscalebohemian from Excellent Quality, But Plan On Adding This is an excellent quality starter set made by Mauviel with some exclusive detailing for Williams-Sonoma. The 2-quart sauce pan and the splayed pan are both on the small side, however, and you will likely want to add at least the 3 1/2 quart sauce pan to meet all your needs (or use the included stew pot) This is worlds better quality than the Williams-Sonoma brand made by Mauviel in the past. It's thicker and heavier than my set from 1988. It's beautiful, easy and fun to polish, and looks great in the kitchen. If there's a con at all it's that the 3 1/2 quart pan isn't included, because you're likely going to want it. I'd have much rather had that included than the stew pan since I have a Le Creuset Dutch oven, but with that caveat, it's a well built set at a great starter set price, and buying a set is more economical than buying pieces individually. Hightly recommend. This will outlive me, and there's no need to re-tin, which is expensive.Date published: 2015-07-28