Mauviel Copper Flambé Ladle
A classic tool of haute cuisine, this French copper ladle is specially designed for pouring flaming liquids. The smart design makes it easy to prepare, ignite and serve the liqueur over desserts or in coffee drinks. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Polished bowl of 1mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Extra-long riveted bronze handle keeps hands a safe distance from the heat and flame.
- Flat base stays stable while liqueurs heat up.
- Narrow pouring spout directs a precise stream of liquid.
- 3 1/2" diam., 1 3/4" high; 13" long overall.
- 7-qt. cap.
- 11 oz.
- Made from 1mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the piece empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored with use. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the liner's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.