Mauviel Copper Flambé Ladle
A classic tool of haute cuisine, this French copper ladle is specially designed for pouring flaming liquids. The smart design makes it easy to prepare, ignite and serve the liqueur over desserts or in coffee drinks. It's crafted in France by Mauviel, a family-owned maker of fine copper cookware since 1830.
- Polished bowl of 1mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Extra-long riveted bronze handle keeps hands a safe distance from the heat and flame.
- Flat base stays stable while liqueurs heat up.
- Narrow pouring spout directs a precise stream of liquid.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" diam., 1 3/4" high; 13" long overall.
- 7-qt. cap.
- 11 oz.
- Made from 1mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the piece empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored with use. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the liner's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping