Mauviel Copper Gratin
Crafted in France since 1830, Mauviel’s culinary legacy spans more than 175 years, making their trademark cookware a favorite in leading restaurants and home kitchens worldwide. Mauviel cookware is made of copper, a material prized for its unsurpassed ability to transfer heat quickly, distribute it evenly and cool rapidly. Use this pan for baking side dishes—its shallow shape produces evenly browned top layers.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Also doubles as a good roasting pan.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Classic stove-to-table presentation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 9" x 1 3/4" high.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping
Rated 3 out of 5 by Acadian from Disappointed I received this pan today and have used it and am disappointed, moreover, so is my wife whom I purchased it for. It is not as advertised or depicted. There is no way it is 2mm copper. I have 2.5 mm copper Mauviel pans and this is much thinner, probably one of their 1.5mm line. Additionally the handles have only two rivets, not the three depicted in the pictures. My wife also noticed that one of the handles was blemished. I don't plan on returning it because I just don't want the hassle and with a 20% discount the prices was okay, certainly not fair though for a misrepresented product. Very disappointing from Williams Sonoma,Date published: 2016-07-14