Mauviel Hammered Copper Double Boiler, 1 3/4-Qt.
For melting chocolate or making hollandaise sauce, you won't find a better performer than this beautiful double boiler from France. The tin-lined copper pan quickly brings water to a gentle simmer beneath the heavy porcelain insert, which maintains its contents at a steady low temperature.
- Hand-hammered 1.2mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Nonreactive tin interior is easy to clean.
- Heavy porcelain insert prohibits scorching of contents.
- Copper lid with bronze knob.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" diam., 7 1/2" high.
- Saucepan: 1 1/2-qt. cap.
- Insert: 1 3/4-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 10 oz. with lid and insert.
- Made from 1.2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery