Masahiro Utility Knife
- Online Only
Widely considered to be one of the three most presitigious knife makers in all of Japan, the Masahiro Company creates knives with professional-level performance in mind. Each blade is crafted of Masahiro’s proprietary steel, which undergoes a multi-stage process of quenching, sub-zero treating and tempering to achieve the optimum balance of strength and flexibility. The blade is ground is ground asymmetrically, allowing for a thinner edge and unmatched sharpness.
- This knife’s long, narrow blade is designed to provide excellent control for precision tasks plus enough leverage for chopping and slicing.
- Blade is made of Masahiro’s proprietary MBS-26 high-carbon steel with a Rockwell rating of 59 HRC, representing the ideal mix of hardness and flexibility for a kitchen knife.
- Edge is ground at 80% on the right and 20% on the left to allow for a thinner, sharper edge than standard symmetrically ground blades.
- Mirror-polished by hand for a beautiful finish.
- Full-tang construction provides balance and control.
- Lightweight yet durable resin handle is hygienic and moisture-resistant.
- 5”-long blade; 4 1/4”-long handle; 2 3/4 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Chopping in an up and down motion will dull the blade over time. Slice through foods with a forward and backward motion to prolong the blade’s sharpness.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or ceramic stone, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.