Masahiro Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife
- Online Only
Widely considered to be one of the three most presitigious knife makers in all of Japan, the Masahiro Company creates knives with professional-level performance in mind. Each blade is crafted of Masahiro’s proprietary steel, which undergoes a multi-stage process of quenching, sub-zero treating and tempering to achieve the optimum balance of strength and flexibility. The blade is ground asymmetrically, allowing for a thinner cutting edge and unmatched sharpness.
- Ideal for slicing and chopping fresh produce and meat.
- Special indentations along the blade’s sides reduce sticking and allow cut food to release more easily.
- Blade is forged of Masahiro’s proprietary MBS-26 high-carbon steel with a Rockwell rating of 59 HRC, representing the ideal mix of hardness and flexibility for a kitchen knife.
- Edge is ground at 80% on the right and 20% on the left to allow for a thinner, sharper edge than standard symmetrically ground blades.
- Mirror-polished by hand for a beautiful finish.
- Full-tang construction adds balance and control.
- Lightweight yet durable resin handle is hygienic and moisture resistant.
- 7" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 5.2 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Chopping in an up and down motion will dull the blade over time. Slice through foods with a forward and backward motion to prolong the blade’s sharpness.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or ceramic stone, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery