Widely considered to be one of the three most presitigious knife makers in all of Japan, the Masahiro Company creates knives with professional-level performance in mind. Each blade is crafted of Masahiro’s proprietary steel, which undergoes a multi-stage process of quenching, sub-zero treating and tempering to achieve the optimum balance of strength and flexibility. The blade is ground asymmetrically, allowing for a thinner cutting edge and unmatched sharpness.
- The chef’s knife is one of the most used knives in the kitchen and is perfect for chopping, slicing and mincing.
- Blade is made of Masahiro’s proprietary MBS-26 high-carbon steel with a Rockwell rating of 59 HRC, representing the ideal mix of hardness and flexibility for a kitchen knife.
- Edge is ground at 80% on the right and 20% on the left to allow for a thinner, sharper edge than standard symmetrically ground blades.
- Mirror-polished by hand for a beautiful finish.
- Full-tang construction adds balance and control.
- Lightweight yet durable resin handle is hygienic and moisture resistant.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 5 1/4 oz.
- 10” chef’s knife: 10”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 1/2 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.