Masahiro Chef's Knife
Widely considered to be one of the three most presitigious knife makers in all of Japan, the Masahiro Company creates knives with professional-level performance in mind. Each blade is crafted of Masahiro’s proprietary steel, which undergoes a multi-stage process of quenching, sub-zero treating and tempering to achieve the optimum balance of strength and flexibility. The blade is ground asymmetrically, allowing for a thinner cutting edge and unmatched sharpness.
- The chef’s knife is one of the most used knives in the kitchen and is perfect for chopping, slicing and mincing.
- Blade is made of Masahiro’s proprietary MBS-26 high-carbon steel with a Rockwell rating of 59 HRC, representing the ideal mix of hardness and flexibility for a kitchen knife.
- Edge is ground at 80% on the right and 20% on the left to allow for a thinner, sharper edge than standard symmetrically ground blades.
- Mirror-polished by hand for a beautiful finish.
- Full-tang construction adds balance and control.
- Lightweight yet durable resin handle is hygienic and moisture resistant.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 5 1/4 oz.
- 10” chef’s knife: 10”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 1/2 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Chopping in an up and down motion will dull the blade over time. Slice through foods with a forward and backward motion to prolong the blade’s sharpness.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or ceramic stone, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.