This dramatic stoneware vase features an intricately layered design, inspired by the traditional marbling often found on the endpapers of antique Turkish and Italian books. Master ceramists hand-decorate the surface using a time-honored glazing technique whose organic pattern echoes the curving silhouette of the vase itself.
- 12" diam., 13 1/2" high overall.
- Hand-decorated using a marbling technique that allows the colors to mingle and overlap.
- High-fired with a glossy finish.
- Variations inherent to the marbling technique make each vase one of a kind; color saturation and pattern vary widely from piece to piece.
- Watertight; for decorative use only.