Mamie’s Cheese Wafers
- Online Only
In the hospitable South, no party is complete without cheese wafers, and Mamie's cheddar cheese version is famous in the region for good reason. Made from a family recipe using all-natural freshly grated cheddar cheese, butter, pecans and cayenne pepper, this slice-and-bake dough combines convenience with true homemade flavor. It bakes up so quickly and beautifully that it alleviates all the anxiety of last-minute entertaining.
- Two 14 oz. dough logs; each log makes forty-two 1 1/2" diam. wafers.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The wafer dough ships frozen with ice packs. Upon receipt, place the dough in the freezer, where it will keep for up to 3 months.
- To thaw the dough, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Position 1 rack in the upper third of an oven and 1 rack in the lower third. Preheat an oven to 350°F. Cut the dough into 1/8"-thick rounds and place 1 inch apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating the sheets 180 degrees and switching them from top to bottom halfway through baking. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the wafers to the racks and let cool completely.
- Cheddar cheese (milk, cream, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, natamycin), flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), butter, pecans, cayenne pepper.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.