Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processor, 16-Cup
Robot-Coupe, the French company that developed the first food processor, applies the technology of its commercial models to this high-performance processor for home use. This extremely powerful, extra-quiet machine includes a number of commercial-grade components and accessories for a wide variety of uses.
- Ultra-efficient drive system adds 100% torque for heavy-duty preparations requiring extra power, such as bread dough, pasta dough or brioches.
- Compact footprint saves space on the countertop.
- Trio of BPA-free work bowls allows you to carry out multiple tasks in rapid succession.
- Razor-sharp Sabatier stainless-steel blades and stainless-steel discs, strong enough for a variety of tasks including crushing ice.
- Innovative egg whisk design allows more mixing volume in the bowl.
- Extra-large feed tube eliminates need to precut most ingredients.
Food Processor includes:
- 6-cup, 12-cup and 16-cup BPA-free mixing bowls.
- 2 metal blades, one for the small bowl and one for the large bowl.
- Dough blade.
- 2 grating discs; 2 mm and 4 mm.
- 2 slicing discs; 2 mm and 4 mm.
- BlenderMix® attachment.
- Citrus Press.
- Egg whisk.
- Recipe book.
- Storage box.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Metallized plastic construction; BPA-free plastic bowls.
- 8 1/4" x 10" x 17 1/2" high.
- 18 lb. 4 oz.
- 6-, 12- and 16-cup-cap. bowls.
- Model #5200XL.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in France.
- Small bowl is perfect for mincing herbs, chopping nuts or blending a sauce.
- Medium bowl is ideal for slicing and grating.
- Large bowl handles prep jobs like mixing batters, kneading dough and slicing a large batch of vegetables.
- Stainless-steel blades are strong enough for a variety of tasks, including crushing ice.
- Thanks to serrated edges, blades never need sharpening.
- Large control panel features a gleaming chrome finish.
- Energy-efficient machine consumes no electricity when turned "Off."
- Citrus press includes a small cone, plus a large cone with a pointed top designed to provide a secure grip when pressing bigger citrus fruits.
- Work bowls and commercial-grade, charcoal-finish accessories are BPA-free.
- Use & Care
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
- Avoid harsh detergents and abrasive cleansers.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 4 out of 5 by foodfly from Love everything but the plastic I have had my Magimix for 3 or 4 years. I love it. I had an original Cuisinart, which finally died and I replaced it with a new Cuisinart that lasted 6 months! This machine is a dream. The only issue is with the plastic bowl. I have had the same experience as another reviewer with stress cracks in the bowl, handle and lid. For the most part, you can continue to use the bowl with these stress cracks. I did have to replace the large bowl once, though, and replacement parts for this French-made machine are hard to come by. I finally found a site on the internet where I could order them. I also ordered lots of wonderful extra discs. I love my Magimix despite its flaws.Date published: 2016-12-16Rated 2 out of 5 by scheinz from Magimix 5200 died I have had my Magimix unit for about 5 years. The motor died within the first year. Now the motor has died again. I am having a great deal of difficulty contacting the company. I finally got an email from them. They told me it might not be the motor. I checked all the other possibilites and send an email telling them that the motor was dead. I have not heard back from them. Too much competition out there. I will definately not by another one of these units.Date published: 2016-10-17Rated 5 out of 5 by chefdd from if you're looking for speed and power This blows away all the food processors I've owned (Cuisinart and Breville). It's fast and precise to the point that it feels more like a commercial machine. A whole vegetable will be sliced or grated in literally 1 second, and with that power there is less food waste too, not lots of uncut food sitting on top of the slicer/grater blade. I love the 3 bowls, which I use all the time (the small one for mayo then the other bowls for grated salad ingredients for example). I hope Magimix expands their US representation. Many of their other appliances are fantastic too but only run on 220v (they make the only blender comparable to a Vitamix but with a glass container, not plastic. I hate plastic blender containers so much (hot soups taste like plastic!) I installed 220 in my kitchen just to have a Magimix blender.)Date published: 2016-04-13Rated 5 out of 5 by BethAnneC from Great processor with many attachments I needed to replace an old Kitchen Aid food processor, which developed stress cracks on parts that are no longer available. I looked into the Kitchen Aid ProLine, but this processor was more substantial in construction. I have added slicing discs and a french fry/cubing accessory (which can be hard to find). I find I use this more often and am quite happy with the purchase. I always hand wash because you cannot use dishwasher heat, but the product has held up close to 3 years now. It is large -- be prepared!Date published: 2015-10-01Rated 5 out of 5 by JasperLeo from Simply The Best The Magimix food processors by Robot-Coupe are the best on the market. I have had the 5200-XL for close to five years, have used it extensively, and have never had a problem. I also have a smaller, older model - the 3150 - and it has been going strong for at least eight years. The Magimix machines are made in France and they perform flawlessly. They may cost a little more than other brands, but I think they are worth every penny. You really can't go wrong with this brand.Date published: 2015-08-19Rated 1 out of 5 by AGACookForever from STAY AWAY FROM MAGIMIX!!! In the three years I've had my Magimix food processor I've had to replace the bowl/lid set three times. The locking mechanism that locks the bowl and lid together is very flimsy and poorly designed. Couple this with the fact the bowl and lid are made from a brittle type of plastic, and it spells disaster. Each bowl/lid I've had to replace has developed the exact same stress cracks in the exact same place. I've exclusively hand washed these parts, but nothing can overcome a bad design and use of the wrong materials. The motor is spectacular, but the quality stops there. When this bowl/lid set cracks, and it will, I'll no longer invest in replacement parts, but will move on to another, more reliable brand.Date published: 2015-08-10